Integrating with Kinect Avateering

• Thomas
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #155 by Thomas
I know this might be a long shot, but if you are still supporting this app, I am trying to integrate it with the Avateering sample in the Microsoft Kinect Developers Toolkit. I have it working, but for some reason it makes avateering very laggy, but when I do a pose it does recogonize it.

I guess I'm wondering if there is something that the avateering project is doing that BeTheController is also trying to do with the kinect and if that is why it is making it lag.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Thomas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #156 by Nick Hadjiminas
Hi Thoma

To be honest I stop working on the project since no one is interested about it anymore :) . I was working on a c++ implementation with much better performance but I postpone it. I haven’t try the project with the latest Kinect SDK it may have some compatibility issues. I will try to convert the project to a Kinect sdk independent, in order to avoid any compatibility problems with feature release of the sdk. I don’t think I will need a lot of time but I can’t promises anything. Furthermore, if you find any potential cause of this let me know in order to try and fix it.

Nick
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Nick Hadjiminas.

• Thomas
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #157 by Thomas
Ok, thank you! If you could that would be great, but no rush! :) Thank you so much for your work, definitely helped me understand Kinect developing much better!

Thomas

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds